College of the
50th logo
Articulation Office

Your guide for a successful transfer

Welcome to the Articulation Office Home Page!

Articulation is the process of evaluating courses to determine whether coursework completed at one institution (e.g., a community college) will meet the requirements at another institution (e.g., a university) for the purposes of admission, transferable units, general education or major preparation. It is this process that ensures that the classes you take at College of the Redwoods will be credited toward your bachelor's degree requirements when you enter a university.

Articulation agreements are formal, written, and published documents that describe which coursework from the "sending" institution is accepted as comparable to or acceptable in lieu of coursework at the "receiving" institution. Some articulation agreements are "course-to-course agreements", meaning that they show a specific course from one institution and the comparable specific course from another. Other articulation agreements are "major agreements", meaning that they show a group of courses that are acceptable to fulfill an entire set of requirements for major preparation.




Questions or comments about this page may be sent to juana-tabares@redwoods.edu