College of the
50th logo
Transfer Center at CR

CR Transfer Center

Transfer is a process, not an event!





To help ensure transfer success, the Transfer Center provides services and resources which help identify, encourage, motivate and facilitate transfer to other colleges and universities.

The earlier a student begins the process, the more likely the experience will be hassle-free and successful.

Services available:

  • Academic Advising
  • Resource Library
  • College Transfer Day
  • Transfer Admissions Agreements
  • Four-year University Representative Visits


The Transfer Center sponsors workshops and programs that are of interest to students planning to transfer to four-year universities. Please contact the Transfer Center for additional information about transfer programs and services.





OCT. 1 - NOV. 30, 2014


NOV. 1-NOV. 30, 2014


CR COLLEGE TRANSFER DAYThe Transfer Day will be held on Wednesday, September 24, 2014, in the CR Cafeteria. Representatives from many of the California State University, University of California, California private, and out-of-state colleges will come to the CR Eureka campus to meet with students interested in receiving information about these campuses. This is the only opportunity for many of the representatives to visit CR.  No appointments are necessary. Contact the CR Transfer Center for more information--707-476-4146.


SPECIAL FINANCIAL AID WORKSHOP--this workshop is for students transferring to a four-year university in fall or spring 2015-16.  The workshop will be conducted by a representative from the Humboldt State University Financial Aid Office.  The workshop will be held on Wednesday, November 5, 2014, from 3:00-4:00 p.m. in room LRC 103 (Learning Resource Center).   Please contact the CR Transfer Center to sign up--707-476-4146.

As you consider your transfer choices, don't exclude Oregon just because you are not a resident there. There are four public institutions in Oregon that offer you, as a California resident, an opportunity to attend without paying non-resident tuition. Through the Oregon Exchange Agreement, eligible CR students may transfer to Rogue Community College in Grants Pass, Southern Oregon University in Ashland, or Oregon Institute of Technology in Klamath Falls and not pay out-of-state tuition. While on this exchange, however, you are precluded from establishing Oregon residency. This preserves your California residency status should you decide to return for additional study in California. This exchange results in substantial tuition cost savings while providing additional transfer options. For additional information about the Oregon Exchange Agreement, contact Peggy Gossi in the CR Admissions Office (476-4274).


The Transfer Center Resource Library assists College of the Redwoods? students in making educational decisions. We have several reference books which can help you decide on a major and a four-year university to attend. The Transfer Center has many four-year university catalogs and publications available for checkout. Please stop by the Transfer Center and use these valuable resources. The Transfer Center is located in the new Student Services Building room SS-102. Our office hours are: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.

Checkout the websites of the universities that you are interested in for application deadlines and information.



-Interested in transferring to a California State University? For more information about all of the California State University campuses, log on to www.csumentor.edu. You may take a virtual tour of any CSU campus by clicking on ?Explore Campuses. You may also apply online for admission to the CSU campuses using www.csumentor.edu.

-If you are interested in finding out about California's independent colleges and universities, log on to www.aiccu.edu

This website provides information about California?s independent colleges and universities with links to member campuses.

-If you are planning to transfer from a community college to a University of California or California State University campus, you might want to checkout ASSIST at www.assist.org. ASSIST is the statewide articulation system. ASSIST can help you determine if the community college courses you have taken will be accepted at the university for credit.

-If you are planning to transfer to one of the University of California campuses, check out the www.universityofcalifornia.edu website. This website offers information about transfer eligibility, IGETC, general education and university requirements, and is arranged to guide transfer students from choosing a major to applying to the university.



Student Services Home  |  CR Home