The Academic Support Center (ASC) is here to help you meet your educational goals.
We are glad to have you join us as a part of the College of the Redwoods Community!
Eureka Campus ASC is located in the Learning Resource Center Building
Tutoring and Class Testing please call 707-476-4106 for availability
Hours of Operation: Monday-Thursday, 7:45am-8pm; Friday, 8am-4pm
Placement Testing Schedule --Eureka Campus
|Monday, Jan 4
|Tuesday, Jan 5
|Wednesday, Jan 6
|Tuesday, Jan 12
|Wednesday, Jan 13
Placement testing at 10am will be followed by Orientation at 1pm.
Orientation is by appointment also: 707-476-4150
Please note: Placement testing is by appointment only.
For more information 707-476-4106 or 707-476-4154
or email: email@example.com
PHOTO ID REQUIRED IN ORDER TO TEST
Placement Testing Practice Information for all locations, please see below.
Before you take your placement test, we highly recommend that you review using the links below.
Placement Testing Information
The math and English placement process is a required part of having students enroll in the correct classes. Placement is considered to be a key factor in providing students with important information about their skill levels.?
Click the links to study for the math placement review:
- Click the links to study for the English placement review:
Placement Testing from a Distance
See link above on the left hand menu
Located in the Academic Support Center
- Contact Persons:Tina Vaughan 707-476-4106 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Su Harrington 707-476-4106 or email@example.com
Located in the Library
- Monday thru Friday 8AM-5PM
- Please call the Del-Norte location directly for current schedule availability at 707-465-2380
Answers to Commonly Asked Questions regarding the Placement Process
Placement testing is required of students who plan to:
- pursue a degree or certificate;
- pursue a transfer program; or
- take a course that has a math or English prerequisite.
New and returning students may be exempt from part of the placement process if they can verify that they have:
- taken a comparable state-approved placement test at Humboldt State University, College of the Redwoods, or another California Community College within the past three years, or;
- taken an English and/or a math course with a “C” grade or higher from any accredited college, or;
- taken a College Entrance Examination Board Advanced Placement Exam in English and/or math and received a score of 3, 4, or 5 or;
- participated in the California State University (CSU) Early Assessment Program (EAP) during Standardized Testing And Reporting (STAR) testing in high school and received exemptions from CSU placement testing in English/Language Arts and/or mathematics. Students who are identified as EAP Conditional in English or mathematics will need to take an approved English or mathematics class and earn a “C” or higher in their senior year in order to be exempt from CR placement testing.
If a student believes the level determined by CR placement tests is inappropriate (either too high or too low), the student should meet with an academic advisor or counselor to discuss options. In addition to placement scores, academic advisors or counselors may use the following indicators to determine the extent to which a student is prepared for college coursework:
- whether or not the student has had any prior college experience;
- highest level of English and math completed at prior college(s);
- the student’s previous success at the college level, as reflected in his/her transcripts;
- the student’s past study habits;
- the number of employment-related and family obligations the student has; and
- the strength of the student’s motivation to achieve his/her educational goal(s).