Skip to main content

Are you an International Student? Do you have an F-1 Visa?

Visa Type Can attend CR with general application (not an International Student): Will need to Apply for F-1 Visa
  Visa Holder Spouse Unmarried children  
A. Foreign Government Officials Full-time only
B. Visitors Noncredit only:  
C. in Transit Not allowed to study  
D. Crewmen Not allowed to study  
E. Treaty Traders and Treaty Investors
F. Academic Students at SEVP-Certified School Part-time only Part-time only Will need to transfer F-1 Visa to CR
G. Representatives to International Organizations Full-time only
H. Temporary Workers
I. Foreign Media Representatives Spouse, children
J. Exchange Visitors some conditions
K. Fiancé(e)s and Spouses of U.S. citizens
L. Intracompany Transferees
M. Vocational Students No eligible programs at CR Part-time only Part-time only Spouse, children
N. Certain Parents and Children of 101(a)(27)(I) Spouse
O. Workers with Extraordinary Abilities
P. Artists, Athletes, and Entertainers
Q. International Cultural Exchange Visitors
R. Religious Workers
NATO North Atlantic Treaty Organization Full-time only
S. Witnesses and Informants
T. Alien Victims of Human Trafficking spouse & kids or, if under 21, parents & siblings
TN Professionals under the NAFTA
U. Alien Victims of Certain Crimes
V. Certain Second Preference Beneficiaries
DACA or Undocumented

If you have a Green Card, Permanent Residency, or one of the visas listed above as allowing academic study, you are not classified as an International Student and can use the general application process: Apply here

If you need to apply for an F-1 Visa, use the following application process:

Application Checklist

International Program

Your application packet will take 1-2 weeks to fully process. When submitting your nonrefundable application fee, please remember to pay by money order or check drawn on a US bank – Do Not Send Cash. After your application has processed, you will receive your Welcome Letter and I-20 to your personal Email address and via FedEx.

After you submit your application packet, please review and begin your "Next Steps" toward becoming an international student at CR. This document will assist you through the process of applying for your nonimmigrant visa through the Department of the State and your appointment with the US Embassy.

Complete the Online Application for Admission

Complete the Financial Assurance Form

Attach Proof of Funds in USD for the full academic year

Attach English Proficiency scores

Attach high school diploma

If applicable, attach Official U.S. College transcripts and/or college transcripts from outside the U.S. that have been evaluated by an agency approved by the California Commision on Teacher Credentialing. This can be done by clicking here.

Attach a copy of your Passport

Attach/submit payment of $50 USD for nonrefundable application fee

STUDENTS WHO ARE MARRIED OR HAVE CHILDREN: If you plan to bring your family with you, you will also need to submit copies of their documents (i.e. passport, marriage certificate and/or birth certificate).

Mail or Email Application Packet to address provided below

Begin your "Next Steps" toward becoming an international student

After you submit all forms, documents and payment to CR, it would be wise to begin the application for your nonimmigrant visa (DS 160) as this can take a while to process. The non- immigrant visa application and detailed information can be found at Student Visa (

International Student Application Deadlines:

Fall Semester: June 1st 

Spring Semester: November 1st

For upcoming semester start dates, please check out the Admissions and Records Calendars at


*In the subject line, please include "International Student Application"

International Application Packet

  2023 College of the Redwoods