College of the
International Students

globeCollege of the Redwoods
International Student Program


Transfer Procedures

Transferring into College of the Redwoods from another school in the United States

In addition to completing the International Student Application, you will need to fill out the International Student Transfer Form, and you will need to notify your present school of your intent to transfer. Your school will then release your record to us. After you have completed the form please mail or fax it to:
College of the Redwoods
International Student Program
Attn: Edith Ramirez
7351 Tompkins Hill Road
Eureka, CA 95501-9300
Fax: 707-476-4409

Transferring Credits from your U.S College

You may have the following questions about the transfer process to College of the Redwoods. Some questions might be:
  1. How do I transfer my units to College of the Redwoods?
    To transfer your units to College of the Redwoods, send an official transcript to the International Student Office. Please attach a note that says, "For Transfer Credit".
  2. Will the units all transfer to College of the Redwoods?
    Once the official transcript is received, a counselor will determine if the course(s) can be used to meet major and General Education requirements for College of the Redwoods. CR accepts most other regionally accredited U.S. college and university coursework. Check with a counselor to verify or confirm acceptance of your school's coursework. You can also go to www.assist.org to see what UC, CSU or other California Community College courses are accepted as equivalent coursework.
  3. What can I do to help CR determine if my units will transfer?
    To help CR counselors determine acceptable transfer units, please keep a copy of your college or university catalog with course descriptions of the courses you completed. You may be asked to bring the catalog with you to a counseling appointment, or to provide full course descriptions (syllabus, and/or course outline) for any courses to be considered for credit. The more information you can provide on the course content, the more likely your chances of getting the credit.
  4. Where do I send my transcripts?
    Send official transcripts to:
    College of the Redwoods
    Admissions Office
    7531 Tompkins Hill Road
    Eureka, CA 95501-9300
  5. If I have taken English, ESL, or Math classes from another college, will I still need to take CR's assessment tests?
    If your transcript shows proof of completing U.S. college English, ESL or Math courses, you may not be required to take CR assessment tests. You can bring your transcript to a counselor with course descriptions, and the counselor will be able to place you into the next highest level course at CR. It is sometimes helpful to take the assessment tests, however, since sometimes waiting on transcripts to arrive may hold up your registration, OR if you do well on a placement test, you may be able to be placed into a higher level course.

Transferring to another college/university from College of the Redwoods

You must notify the International Student Office of your intent to transfer by filling out and submitting the appropriate forms. You will then receive instructions to complete the process.

Classes for Students from other schools

If you are an F-1 student from another U.S. college/univeristy and you wish to take classes at College of the Redwoods part-time or over the summer/winter sessions, please contact the International Student Office for more information.

You will need to send the following in order to apply:

  • Copy of your visa and current I-20
  • Official TOEFL score of 500 paper or 173 computer version
  • CR International Student application form
  • If the class you are taking has an English or Math prequisite, you must take the assessment/placement test before enrolling in the class. For assessment/placement test information please visit the website Academic Support Center.


College of the Redwoods
International Student Office
Attn: Edith Ramirez
7351 Tompkins Hill Road
Eureka, CA 95501-9300 USA
Phone: 707-476-4145
Email: International Student Office