College of the
50th logo
Del Norte Campus

College of the Redwoods Del Norte

C.A.R.E. (Cooperative Agencies Resources Education)
Provides assistance to single parents attending college full-time and who are receiving Cash Aid for themselves or their children. Students may receive child care and transportation grant assistance.
How to Apply: Fill out the Special Programs application, the BOG fee waiver and federal financial aid form to be considered for C.A.R.E. For more information, please stop by the Financial Aid Office. .
Provides assistance with childcare for CR student parents who currently receive Cash Aid for themselves or who have received it in the past two years.

How to Apply: Complete the BOG fee waiver, the FAFSA application form, the EOPS Special Programs Application, and a Childcare Application.

Contact: Tory Eagles
Phone: 707.465.2326
TTY: 707.465.2355
Fax: 707.464.6867
E.mail: tory-eagles@redwoods.edu



Del Norte Child Care Council
212 K Street
Crescent City CA 95531
Phone: 707-464-8311
E.mail: Contact@DNCCC.com
The Del Norte Child Care Council is able to provide financial assistance to pay for child care for eligible families each year. All or part of the family's child care costs may be covered. Eligibility is determined by need, income and family size. The burden of proof of need, eligibility and income is on the family. Parents select the child care that best meets their needs.
Childcare payment assistance is available for:

  • Welfare to work participants
  • Working hours
  • Look for work hours
  • Approved study programs
  • Child protective services
  • Special needs

You may qualify for financial assistance with a DNCCC child care subsidy program if you meet the following criteria:

  1. You are working or in school or training
  2. And you live or work or train in Del Norte County
  3. And you have children under age 13 who need child care

Contact the Del Norte Child Care Council for further information.
Del Norte County Department of Social Services
880 Northcrest Drive
Crescent City, California

If you are participating in a Welfare to Work program, it may be possible for you to obtain child care assistance.  For more information, please contact your Welfare to Work case manager at Social Services.

Yurok or Tolowa or other Sovereign Nation Tribal Resources

Some tribes have child care monies available to help their members attend college.  Please contact your sponsoring tribal entity to see if there is money available.

Campus Business Hours
M-F, 8:00-5:00

883 W. Washington Blvd
Crescent City, CA  95531
Fax 707-464-6867

You will need the free Acrobat Reader to view some materials.
Get Adobe Reader