College of the
Disabled Students Programs & Services


How do I receive services?

  1. Enroll at College of the Redwoods

  2. Following your confirmation of enrollment, please follow the procedure below to apply for DSPS services:
    • DSPS Application - Completed and signed
    • DSPS Release of Information - Completed and signed
    • Verification of Disability
      • DSPS Disability Verification Form - Completed and signed by an appropriate professional (this may be a physician, psychologist, psychiatrist, or audiologist depending on the disability type)
      • Include copies of any recent IEP, Psychological/Educational reports, Department of Rehabilitation documents, or Veteran Affairs documents that may by applicable
    • If transitioning from high school, please review the K-12 Transition Chart

  3. Return all signed and completed documents to the DSPS Office.  We will process the paperwork and you will be notified of eligibility.

  4. If eligible, please call and make an appointment with a counselor/advisor
    • Before you come for your first appointment, review the DSPS Online Orientation and complete the four questions on the last page
    • Before you come for your first appointment, please review the Service Policy form, and bring it to the appointment
    • At the appointment (on the campus you will be attending) you will communicate with the DSPS specialist about service and accommodation options.  You will also sign the appropriate forms needed

If you have not heard from us in 2 to 3 weeks, please call DSPS at 707-476-4280 to check on the status of your application