Spring and Fall Semester hours
Monday 9-1, Tuesdays 9-1,
Wednesday 1-5, Thursday 1-5, Friday 1-5.
Closed Holidays & Winter Break
Tb testing without appt: MTWF. Return in 2-3 days for the reading.
No appointments are necessary except for those physical exams required for sports or other classes. Services usually are on a first- come, first-served basis. You need to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to closing to ensure adequate time to be seen.
Minor Medical Care
- Upper respiratory infections
- Sore throats
- Urinary tract infections/testing
- Minor sprains and strains
- Stomach problems
- Skin problems
- Blood pressure screening
- Vision screening
- Physical exams required for classes, as time permits
- Other services provided by a Nurse Practitioner or RN
Immunization and Testing
- Hepatitis B (at cost)
- Flu shots
- TB skin testing
- Measles, mumps, rubella (available at Public Health, $17 for Health Occupations students)
- Hematocrit, Hemoglobin
- Strep throat
- Stress management
- Health and lifestyles
- Breast self exam
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Migraines and headaches
- Height and weight
All clinic services are free of charge, except Hepatitis B immunizations. These services are funded by student health fees. Students must pay the cost of off-campus services including necessary lab and x-ray, prescription medications, and medical referrals not covered by individual insurance plans.
Personal Risk Management
- Personal risk assessments
- Health and lifestyle counseling
- Consultation and referral
Lending Library (as available)
- UC Berkeley Wellness letters
- Books on health topics
- Health promotion videotapes and audiocassettes
- Self-esteem and inner management
Make Health a Priority!
Set specific, measurable goals. Plan rewards for each good health goal you achieve. Even small lifestyle changes can lead to a healthier life.
- Make regular exercise a part of your routine.
- Eat a diet low in fats, salt and cholesterol.
- Get plenty of sleep each night.
- Learn to manage stress.
- If you smoke or use tobacco — quit.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Drink alcohol only in moderation and remember: alcohol and driving never mix.
- Reach out to others.
- Take time to smell the roses.
- Look for the humor in life.
Planned Parenthood Services
Respect yourself, Protect yourself.
Planned Parenthood is at the Student Health Center on the CR campus every Thursday accepting patients from 10am – 12:30 pm while school is in session (Fall and Spring Semesters) offering the following services:
- Hormonal Birth Control (pill, patch, Nuva ring and Depo shot),
- Chlamydia testing (urine),
- HIV testing (finger poke) with results in 10 minutes,
- Condoms and Lube and other supplies,
- Emergency Contraception,.
- Information, education, and referrals available for all aspects of reproductive health.
- Our services are confidential for both men and women.
- Low cost or no cost.
- Medi-cal and insurance accepted.
Come and check us out for your free gift. Planned Parenthood can be reached at 442-5709