Sexual Assualt Free Environment (S.A.F.E.)
SEXUAL ASSAULT INFORMATION
What is Assault?
Webster defines assault as: 1 a: a violent physical or verbal attack 2 a: a threat or attempt to inflict offensive physical contact or bodily harm on a person (as by lifting a fist in a threatening manner) that puts the person in immediate danger of or in apprehension of such harm or contact – compare BATTERY 1b b: RAPE.
College of the Redwoods Policies and Procedures is found in the catalog under the Student Code of Conduct states:
Assault, sexual assault or threat of violence:
- Assault, battery, physical abuse, violence or threat of violence, or behavior that threatens the health or safety of persons or College property.
- Willful misconduct which results in injury or death to any
person on College property or which results in cutting, defacing, or other injury to any real or personal property owned by the District.
- Sexual assault, acquaintance/ date rape; or sexual activity
without mutual and expressed consent.
- Any physical act that is sexual in nature and intentionally
performed in view of one or more uninvolved persons without the effective consent of all parties. This includes, but is not limited to, the surreptitious recording and/or broadcasting of sexual acts.
- Abusive behavior directed toward, or hazing of, a member of the
- Emergency Medical CALL 911
- Humboldt Domestic Violence Services
P.O. Box 969, Eureka, CA 95502
Offers support group for women who have experienced domestic violence and have an issue with alcohol or drugs (their own or their partner’s) This is a closed group with mandatory attendance and an intake process. Call for dates, times, etc. Confidentiality is protected.
- Domestic Violence Hot-Line
In Humboldt County: 24 Hour Crisis-intervention hotline for victims of domestic violence 443-6042
From Anywhere: Crisis intervention and referral to domestic violence prevention programs: 1- 800-799-7233.
- Rape Crisis Hotline
- North Coast Rape Crisis Team | 707-443-2737
PO Box 543
Eureka, CA 95502
tel: 707-443-2737, fax: 707-443-2755
- Mental HealthCrisis Line/Suicide Prevention
445-7715 or walk-in daily (8:00am-3:30pm)
- County Mental Health Services Branch of the Department of Social Services
720 wood Street
Eureka, Ca 95501
1711 3rd Street
Eureka, CA 95501
- Youth Crisis Hotline
Provides confidential information to youth in crisis, and to adults and families concerned about youth; can make referrals within California.
- Child Welfare Services of Humboldt County Department of Social Services
Abuse Reporting (24 hour line): 445-6180
- Humboldt County District Attorney - Victim Witness Assistance
Counseling for sexually abused children and battered women.
- Humboldt Family Service Center
Individually counseling for sexually abused children, battered women and violent men.