GUIDELINES FOR COMPUTER USE
Lab Rules in the High Tech Center
- No software may be removed from the lab AT ANY TIME.
- No copying of any programs is allowed. If you bring your own software (e.g. CD-ROM from textbooks), it must first be checked in with the staff.
- Do not move or reposition the computers or equipment (except for computer keyboards and mice).
- Please, no food or drinks near the computers or equipment.
- Please refrain from wearing colognes, strongly scented hair and bath products, after-shave lotions, etc. when coming to the HTC. Some individuals are chemically sensitive and have severe allergic reactions to chemicals.
- Please save all your documents and files to your own floppy (A: Drive), ZIP disks, or USB flash drives . The HTC can not be held responsible for files left on the hard drives.
- The HTC is not responsible for any personal items such as backpacks, coats, etc.
- Turn off cell phone ringers. If you receive a call, please step outside to talk on the phone.
- The computers are to be used for schoolwork only. NO Internet chat, instant messaging, podcasting, nor streaming audio or video that is not schoolwork related.
- The HTC offers printing for students in the Library using the GoPrint System for 10 cents per page.
- Please check with staff before downloading any files from the Internet or before opening e-mail attachments.
- Do not log off of the HTC computers or shut down without letting a staff member know beforehand.
- If a computer does not work correctly please notify a staff member. Do not try to fix the problem yourself.
- Please be courteous and quiet so others may study while in the HTC.
All CR students must follow the College of the Redwoods Student Code of Conduct
For more information, please call: